6. Snow/Ice Labourers (Sidewalk crew)
Dundas, ON & Bradford, ONApply Now
During the winter months many part-time staff/ team members join our snow operations to assist with the important and timely service as it relates to hand shovelling and clearing of client sidewalks, entrances, walkways, common areas during winter snow events. Without committed part time help, our snow operations would not be able to deliver excellent service in this respect. Each team member must be understanding of our company’s goals and stay committed to the below expectations in order to be successful.
- **Give Quality Service: **Clear walkways to ensure completely free of snow and ice.
- Respect Client Properties: Working in a considerate manner around vehicles, furniture, other articles near homes, buildings, and overall landscape.
- Professionalism: Consistent and deliberate work ethic, High Viz uniform/Display of brand, Image and actions reflect Cedar Springs’ brand
- Demonstrates consistent approach to being on time, ready to work
- Demonstrates competence (after training from foreman) in safe operation and standard of required tools and equipment, including by not limited to: shovels, blowers, buckets for salting, ice melter, bulk salt
- Understand basic fueling procedure of equipment/tools
- On-Call availability December 1 – March 30
- Able to follow instructions and carry out tasks to completion
- Demonstrates ability to stay focused, positive and energized for shifts that extend 8+ hours/overnight
- Ability to arrange own transportation to yard (or site) and home end of shift
- Wears proper safety work boots and company PPE when required
- Is respectful toward foreman and other crew members,
- Demonstrates respect for company tools/equipment/property/facilities
- Wears uniform to company standard
- Able to resist using cell phone during work hours (excluding break times)
- Understands Policy No Smoking or Vaping in company vehicles on client sites
- None required, though previous experience is an asset. Training provided on-the-job.
What else is offered?
- Competitive industry wages (Wages start at $25/hr)
- A collaborative & fun team environment
Please submit your resume to [email protected] or call our office 905-333-6789.