5. Framing Carpenter
Dundas, ONApply Now
Cedar Springs Landscapes is looking for an experienced Framing Carpenter to assist our Carpentry team installing large scale technical carpentry projects to completion within our landscapes. You will organize, install and lead a team using best construction procedures for challenging projects to ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
As an outstanding framing carpenter, you have the experience and ability to construct the framework of buildings and other structures according to construction plans. The framing carpenter's responsibilities include using plumb bobs and levels to ensure that structures are exactly vertical or horizontal, constructing window and door frames as well as staircases and flooring, and installing temporary supports for structures as required. Understanding of how to tie-in covered structures into existing homes or erecting new standalone buildings and structures is part of our everyday deliverables.
To be successful as a framing carpenter, you should be able to interpret drawings and have sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional framing carpenter should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Framing Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound
- Analyzing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed
- Analyzing construction plans to identify potential structural problems
- Examining building materials to identify any defects
Framing Carpenter Requirements:
- Journeyman status in carpentry or completion of a carpentry apprenticeship
- Sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations
- Physical strength and stamina
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective team player with interpersonal skills