Dundas, ONApply Now
Cedar Springs Landscapes continues to grow and is seeking an experienced handyman with knowledge in a variety of disciplines including general maintenance, carpentry, basic wiring and plumbing to join our maintenance team. This skilled individual will be responsible for all upkeep and repair duties including maintaining green spaces, identifying the need for repairs, and responding to clients’ maintenance requests.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job. You will also use best construction and maintenance procedures for challenging projects to ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Additionally, you should be physically fit, able to lift heavy materials, and work outdoors in high heat and cold weather.
- General cleaning, sweeping, dusting etc.
- Perform general maintenance and minor repairs
- Perform routine landscaping duties
- Undertake light installations or carpentry
- Minor repair and cleaning of equipment and appliances
- Assist tradespeople with painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shoveling snow)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a general handyman
- Physical strength and stamina
- Effective team player with ability to train, work in team, interact positively with customers
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing/ HVAC systems
- Ability to interpret plans/drawings
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail