There’s no better way to make an occasion out of dinner than to take it outside with an outdoor kitchen. Maybe the thought of preparing great food in a gorgeous outdoor setting is your idea of the ultimate meal, or maybe you simply don’t want to head back inside to cook while everyone is still having fun. Whatever the case, an outdoor kitchen makes cooking all part of the fun.
The key to successful outdoor kitchen and dining areas is planning. Including the right features, size requirements and layouts into the design are critical. Cooking and dining areas are most often near the house, but they can also work as an extension of a pool house or cabana structure out in the yard.
Whether a simple grill and food prep area or a full kitchen with all the luxury built-in features, we’ll design your outdoor kitchen to complement the architecture of your house and surrounding backyard landscape.
Some possible features and materials include:
- Built in BBQ or grill top
- Counter space for food prep
- Built-in fridge, mini or standard size
- Raised bar counters and cocktail prep areas
- Stereo and entertainment features
- Lighting fixtures
- Pergola or full roof overhead
- Pizza oven
- Dining areas, sunken or raised
- Built-in storage for tools
- Tamper-proof garbage bin
- Propane area heater
- Custom built-in covers
- Appliances: Stainless steel or standard finish
- Countertops: Natural stone (slate, granite, etc.), composite (i.e. Corian) or custom-poured and finished concrete
- Walls: Brick, stone, concrete, plaster finish or all-stainless
Creating a distinct island of activity with an outdoor kitchen will add to your backyard resort in a significant way. Let us help you work through all the details to make your easy weeknight dinners, summer morning breakfasts, and backyard parties full of the joy of eating in the open air!
With over 25 years experience in the Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton area, we understand the technical requirements of multiple kitchen features as well as the building and safety code requirements. We’ll make sure your outdoor kitchen is a space everyone will enjoy for years to come.